nv-l

RE: [nv-l] weird behavior with fw1 and stonebeat

2002-03-21 17:57:57
Subject: RE: [nv-l] weird behavior with fw1 and stonebeat
From: "Ray Westphal" <westphal AT accessus DOT net>
To: "can huynh" <can.huynh AT sympatico DOT ca>, <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:57:57 -0600
The first thing I would do is apply the 6.0.3 patches. See Leslie's recommendations on this list server.

The "white (unreachable)" FW is a result of netmon running with Router Fault Isolation enabled. See the NetView 6.0 Release Notes on disabling it. I think it is "-K 0" (that's a zero". My users prefer that RFI is disabled.

How does a ping to the IP address work from the command line? If it is intermittent then maybe you want to use SNMP status polling or increase the status polling retry count via xnmsnmpconf.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car