nv-l

Re: Message Automation <A Little off Subject>

2001-08-31 04:04:50
Subject: Re: Message Automation <A Little off Subject>
From: "Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ AT banksa.com DOT au>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:34:50 +0930
Donald

Here's an idea out of left field....

If your site allows use of the r* commands and your MVS has IP on then how
about having the linux script performing an rexec of the appropriate JCL on the
MVS host to generate the WTO. You could pass the message as a parm to the JCL.

We do the reverse whereby JCL on the MVS system rexecs a job on my Solaris box
to generate and SMS message to the on-call staff, I can't see any reason why
the process could not be reversed.

Cheers - Gavin

>>> donald.davis AT firstcitizens DOT com 31/08/2001 04:49:32 >>>
My fellow network experts,

I need to get Linux script execution failures from a Linux box to a WTOR
message on an MVS console
Here's my first pass at a solution:

Linux-->SNMP Trap-->NetView/AIX-->TEC-->TelAlert-->???-->WTOR-->MVS Console

Does anyone have a (simple) solution how to get to MVS from TEC (or Linux)?
Is Service Point with Comm Server on NetView the only solution?

I would appreciate your insight,
=======================
Donald Davis
First Citizens Bank
Systems Engineer Consultant
Enterprise Management
100 East Tryon Road
Raleigh, NC.  27603-3526
919-716-8448

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended solely for the use of individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering
the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by return mail.

   *****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom
it is addressed and its content is not intended for use by
any other persons. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and
delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form
of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
Bank SA is not liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication, nor for any