nv-l

Networks not going into correct locations

2000-11-30 10:40:55
Subject: Networks not going into correct locations
From: CHANCELLOR.D.ELLIS AT customs.treas DOT gov
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:40:55 -0500
     Ok, so I figured out how to get all of my locations created. Now, upon
     discovery, some networks do not get placed in their correct locations.

     An example, I have a number of 10.134.x.x networks that should be
     placed in different locations. Upon discovery, some of the networks
     get placed into the correct locations but the majority end up in one
     location.

     For instance, location SAN003A has a total of 53 10.134.x.x networks
     in its container when it should only have one. The location.conf is
     configured to put these other 52 networks in other locations but it is
     not.

     Tivoli support is currently looking at this but I am in a bit of a
     time crunch so I am trying to cover all basis.

     I know that some people on this list are location.conf gurus (*grin*)
     so hopefully you may have some ideas that I can try.