nv-l

Re: NetView Mail not working

2000-09-28 13:23:52
Subject: Re: NetView Mail not working
From: "Bill Evans" <wvevans AT prodigy DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:23:52 -0400
Two steps:

1) look in your Outlook Express Tools -->Accounts menu and find out
where the SMTP server for your account is.  They want  the SMTP server
and not the name of the NetView server.  If  "soment.intl.abc.com" is not
your SMTP server the message won't get through.  If the server won't
accept your origin as a valid sender it won't get through either.

2) Put things in quotes:  nvmail -server "soment.intl.abc.com" -recipient
"nitinvaidya_98 AT yahoo DOT com" -subject "hello".  We had problem using the
command from BATCH files without the quotes.

Nitin vaidya wrote:

  I am configuring NetView NT ver 6.0.1 . I need to
  configure Automated mail for specific events. I am not
  able to send Mail from the NetView NT server.

  I have MS Outlook client configured on my NT server.

  Before configuring the trap, I am trying the "nvmail"
  command from dos prompt. Once I give the command , I
  get the next prompt. No errors are shown. But the mail
  does not reach the recipient.

  I am using the command

  c:\> nvmail -server soment.intl.abc.com -recipient
  nitinvaidya_98 AT yahoo DOT com -subject "hello"

  I also tried sending mail to a local user
  "deepali.dhar AT intl.abc DOT com" but the mail does not
  reach.

  What do I need to do to confirm that the mail setup in
  my NT Server and the Mail server is correct.

  How can I check that the mail is going from my NT
  server ?

  Thanx in advance
  Nitin Vaidya...

Bill Evans  --  Consultant in Enterprise Systems Management
reply-to: wvevans AT prodigy DOT net
Phone: 919-696-7513
Send short text messages to 9196967513 AT messaging.sprintpcs DOT com