nv-l

RE: Monitoring Servers...

2000-05-02 15:26:38
Subject: RE: Monitoring Servers...
From: Ken Garst <Ken.Garst AT kp DOT org>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: 02 May 2000 12:26:38 -0700
We are using BMC's Patrol with the Oracle knowledge module to monitor our
databases and have turned on Patrol's SNMP option so that all database alarms
are sent to our NetView 5.1.2 and NetView 6.0 hosts.  You might consider this
type of configuration rather than going directly to the TEC.

I am also gonna try to put an icon for the database on the segment map
containing the icon for the host and code up an additional action to set the
color status of the database icon based on received traps from Patrol.  Recent
postings described how to do this.

Regards,
ken