nv-l

mgragentd/client config - Sol 7

2000-04-18 10:15:02
Subject: mgragentd/client config - Sol 7
From: Ebagley2 AT aol DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:15:02 EDT
I'm working with a NV 6.0 client and server, both
on Sol 7 machines. For some reason, the client cannot
perform SNMPGets on the mgrAgentd variables using the
read-only "public" community string, so the client won't
start.  The client can read the mgrAgentd MIB
variables and *will* start if I modify the mgragentd.acl
to provide read-write access to the "public" community.

Has anyone else experienced this on a Solaris 7 install?
Is it really necessary for the client to use a read/write community to view
mgrAgentd MIB variables?
Is it possible that there's a change in the mgragentd.rsrc/acl files between
2.6 and 7 that I've
missed??

If I leave "public" as read-only, bringing up xnmbrowser
on the client and viewing mgrAgentd.mgrDaemonStatusTable
gives me the message: "The variable does not exist or is
read-only."

Thanks for your help,
elizabeth
Tivoli Education