nv-l

Re: Trap definitions for Firewall-1

2000-04-11 08:56:27
Subject: Re: Trap definitions for Firewall-1
From: W.M.de.Bruin AT DNB DOT NL
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:56:27 +0200

Larry,

I sat with the same problem a while ago. In the checkpoint mib (checkpoint.mib),
there is only one defined trap, and it is commented out, with result that
mib2trap doesn´t recognise it. It is called "Firewall-1 SNMP trap". (Pretty
imaginative...)
I had to define this trap by hand, and it still doesn´t represent much.

The other mib, called mib.txt2 (Just as imaginative, I thought..) doesn´t
contain any traps.

Unless I am missing something, which I truly hope, you should not expect too
much from theFirewall-1 traps.

If you do find a solution offline, I would be very interested to hear it....

Regards
Wouter de Bruin
Network Management Consultant
`Externe E-Mail wordt door DNB niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van
verplichtingen`

`Any e-mail messages from The Nederlandsche Bank are given in good faith
but shall not be binding
nor shall they be construed as constituting any obligation on the part of
the Bank.`