nv-l

Re: How to load and configure cisco mibs and traps?

2000-03-02 20:52:38
Subject: Re: How to load and configure cisco mibs and traps?
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 20:52:38 -0500
You find a mib file with trap definitions in it (TRAP-TYPE) and use the
mib2trap command against it.  (It does not have to be loaded for this.)
It will generate a script that issues addtrap commands. See the man pages
for mib2trap and addtrap. This updates the trap definitions known to
Netview,
the same as using the gui (options...Events ...Trap) would. Which you can
also
do. Also, there has been a lot of discussion of using mib2trap on this
forum, so
you can search the archives that tkg has set up for us (www.tkg.com/nv-l).

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark
Detroit

Sent by:  Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView
      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>