nv-l

Re: CW 2000 integration utility

2000-01-14 12:02:58
Subject: Re: CW 2000 integration utility
From: Anthony Yen <tyen AT NETCOM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:02:58 -0500
At 4:54 PM +0100 1/14/00, Thierry Van Mol wrote:
>The following link:
>
>http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/cc/cisco/mkt/enm/cw2000/tech/cwnms_tb.htm
>
>mentions the CW 2000 integration utility which should take care of doing the
>work usually
>done by the installion of CiscoView: loading Cisco mibs and adding Cisco
>symbols.
>
>The page seems to say that this utility should be provided by Tivoli.
>
>Any information on the availibility of this on Solaris?

David Kretzmer and I were just touching upon this in another thread
here called "Re: CiscoWorks 2000 and NetView 5.1.2" (thanks, David!).
As far as I can tell from reading the documentation at Cisco's site,
two factors determine the availability of CiscoView:  the operating
system and network management system.

For the Unixes, CiscoView is only available for NetView under AIX.
This doesn't seem to have changed in a while, either.

If an integration utility separate from CiscoWorks 2000 and CiscoView
is available for Sun Solaris boxes running NetView, then folks
running NetView on Sun Solaris boxes would be delighted to hear about
it.  For the time being, I have opted to just modify NetView's
behavior when adding a new object, and recognize the handful of types
of Cisco switches and routers I need to take care of for what they
are (instead of letting NetView associating a generic PC icon with
the object).
---
Anthony Yen                                     Crestone International, LLC
Tivoli Certified Consultant                     (888) 247-4384