nv-l

Re: Readdressing Netview server

1999-12-29 20:18:45
Subject: Re: Readdressing Netview server
From: Mythili Kannan <mythili AT ANYTECH-INC DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 20:18:45 -0500
reset_ci will handle the IP address change for NetView only.  For the TMR
framework, you need to do the following:
- shutdown all the TMR clients using odadmin shutdown clients
- run the odadmin command to inform oserv of the IP address change:
  odadmin odlist change_ip "your new ip address" FALSE
- change the IP address in your /etc/hosts, DNS host map etc.,
- reboot the TMR server
- restart oserv using :
  oserv start 1
- if you encounter any problem in this step, synchronize the TMR server and
clients using:
  oserv -k $DBDIR -N by_name
(this assumes that your Tivoli env is set so that $DBDIR is defined.
- restart oserv on the clients using odadmin start clients

Hope this helps.

- Regards, Mythili

At 04:36 PM 12/29/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Sorry, I know this is an FAQ, but I couldn't dig it up from the list index...
>
>I am about to change the IP address of my Netview server.  THis is also
the Tivoli
>management server (Just managing itself for the purposes of Netview.)
>

>For Netview, I think i just need to run reset_ci.
>
>How about for the framework?  Will reset_ci handle everything that needs
to be
>handled?
>Any tips?
>Thanks