nv-l

Re: CISCO Y2K Patch on AIX and NETVIEW

1999-12-17 00:18:54
Subject: Re: CISCO Y2K Patch on AIX and NETVIEW
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT tkg DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:18:54 -0600
Heiko Baumann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we are using netview 5.1.2 on AIX 4.2 and CISCO WORKS 2000 (Resource Manager
> Essentials & CWSI Campus). Because of the Y2K Problem we used the latest
> PatchCD
> from CISCO to upgrade to Resource Manager 2.1 and Campus 2.3.
>
> Since then, we get the following error during Netview GUI startup:     Error
> during reading background file. Press OK.

There are corrupt symbol files.  You can find them easiest with this command:
grep Format_version /usr/OV/bitmaps/C/*.[mp]

I don't know what they are., but they are NOT X11 bitmaps.

I opened a problem with Cisco on this.  If I get good Icons, I will be sure to
post
a tar file of them to the list.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management