nv-l

Re: How do I get rid of the yellow symbols being driven by Nways.

1999-12-05 23:40:38
Subject: Re: How do I get rid of the yellow symbols being driven by Nways.
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 23:40:38 -0500
The ATM application status in Nways is reflected in the IP map view, unlike
the  LAN or Hub Manager applications. If you look at the ATM topology, you
will
probably find that you have one or more ports on those devices enabled with
nothing plugged into them. If you disable those not in use, the device
greens up.

That said, I have had some trouble with a few devices (once an 8265,
recently
some 2216s) that cannot green up because of some sort of polling problems
with the devices, or with timeouts in the code (V1.2.3, and V2 both). You
can use
the Faultbuster application in ATM to isolate the meaning of your
particular
yellow.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

The system I am working is running:

        AIX 4.3
        TME 10 NetView 5.1
        Nways Campus Manager 2.0

All the 8265s, 8210, 8271, and 8371 in on the map are yellow.  In all
cases,
when I double click on the symbol for these I find they are all yellow
because "ATM Sap Port" is yellow.  I believe this exist because of the
Nways
installation.  This interface does not have an IP address.  I can select
the
ATM SAP Port interface (when I do at least one other interface also gets
selected) and Acknowledge but it will only turn yellow again.  If I
Unmanage
it then I am unmanaging the other interfaces also.

I discussed this with the resident IBM Tivoli / Nways expert and was told
there may be a patch for this but she was not sure.  CAN ANY ONE HELP?  IS
THERE ANY FIX FOR THIS?  HOW DO I GET IT?

Thanks for your patience.

Edward Ricci
Lucent, NetCare Professional Services
Network System Engineer