nv-l

Re: X FMT ERROR

1999-11-11 16:08:52
Subject: Re: X FMT ERROR
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber AT USAA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:08:52 -0600
I have also seen this kind of error occur when NetView tries to process an
incoming trap against a definition for a completely different trap.  It can
happen when you are receiving traps for an Enterprise that's not even
defined in trapd.conf.  I would check to make sure that you have that Cisco
enterprise 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.201 defined.  If not, then you will also have to
define the generic/specific trap.  If the enterprise is not defined, then
NetView just keeps going one level "up" the MIB tree until it finds a match.
It will eventually use the generic enterprise of 1.3.6.1.4.1 (which you
should find at the end of trapd.conf) to format a vendor trap.

Joel Gerber - I/T Networking Professional - USAA Information Technology Co.
- San Antonio, TX
* (210)456-4231         * mailto:Joel.Gerber AT USAA DOT com   "
http://www.usaa.com