nv-l

AW: AW: 5.1.2 and netmon -y improved

1999-10-28 04:43:37
Subject: AW: AW: 5.1.2 and netmon -y improved
From: Stefan.Beck AT HVBINFO DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:43:37 +0200
No, James,

I'm absolutely not sure, because at our site I'm neither responsible for
DNS-Configuration nor for setting up BGP,RIP and OSPF .
BUT fact is, that even for fairly large seedfiles (rem: I'm considering 8000
addresses as relatively large) within seconds the first new nodes are
discovered and displayed !!
Taking into acccount, that we're managing more than 1000 WAN-locations and
that the object-db contains 30000 objects and that we're actively using DNS,
netmon works really great (now?).

If I have some time left, I'll put the old 5.1.1 on one of my test machines
and compare the times that netmon needs for initializing after issueing
netmon -y.

Regards
Stefan Beck