nv-l

Re: Modifying events via xnmtrap

1999-04-19 10:07:37
Subject: Re: Modifying events via xnmtrap
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:07:37 -0400
Indeed, there is no need to restart trapd.  When you close xnmtrap with OK
or you have applied your changes an event is sent to trapd to cause him to
re-load the trapd.conf file.

You can do this yourself by the way with the event command:
     event -e FMTCHG
This sends the very same event to trapd.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Owens, Blaine C" <bowens AT EASTMAN DOT COM> on 04/19/99 09:51:48 AM

      NetView <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>