nv-l

Trying to migrate to NV5.1 from 4.1.2 getting error..HELP!

1999-04-14 10:01:51
Subject: Trying to migrate to NV5.1 from 4.1.2 getting error..HELP!
From: Rob Wilkinson <Rob.Wilkinson AT MBS.GOV.ON DOT CA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:01:51 -0400
We are running the netview 5 install with a 4.1.2 migration. Seems that it
thinks we are using sybase for the topology database during the migration?????
We are not!

Here is an extract of the log...

NOTE: Attempting to resync Sybase libraries.
WARNING: Unable to resync Sybase libraries
because Sybase isql command is not locatable.
SEV_2 ERR_0006_071
ERROR:     Customize script for fileset OVIPMAP exited with code 2.
SEV_2 ERR_cfgbf_001
SEV_2 ERR_bcfg_210
base:    Failing base.config with exit code 2

We examined the script /usr/OV/install/system/OVIPMAP/customize around line
339, i.e. where it says Unable to resync Sybase libraries because Sybase
isql command is not locatable.

First of all, we ARE NOT using any relational databases for Netview. But,
from examining the customize script, it seems as if it is looking for a
relational db?

It may be a bug in the script ???? We are not sure.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Desperate.