nv-l

Automatic Compression of NetView NT (Access) Database

1999-04-08 10:50:54
Subject: Automatic Compression of NetView NT (Access) Database
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles AT INTEL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 07:50:54 -0700
I'm using NetView on NT V5.1.1, and using the Access database.  One thing
I've
noticed, is that the event (tess) database tends to grow rather quickly, and
gets
quite large.

Now the standard MS Access "Compress" that you can do through the
Control-Panel >> ODBC >> etc.  works just fine, but I was wondering if
anyone
knows of a "command-line" way of doing this... so that I could have it done
automatically via a batch job.

Thanks.

Gary Boyles                     gary.p.boyles AT intel DOT com