nv-l

Re: Events to different TEC servers

1999-02-12 09:38:29
Subject: Re: Events to different TEC servers
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:38:29 -0600
For forwarding events to TEC, the NetView Server does NOT need to be in the
same TMR as the TEC server.  However, I am not sure how/if you can script
some events from the same NV system to go to TEC1 and other events from the
same NV system to go to TEC2?  If you could do this, you would need to
script and maintain on the NV systems exactly what events go each TEC
server.  You would probably want to utilize NV collections to assist in
this, since you may want the same NV trap ID for source1 to go to TEC1 and
for source2 to go to TEC2.  I am not sure, but I do not think it is possible
to forward from NV some events for trap ID X to TEC1 and some other events
with the SAME trap ID X to TEC2.

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive