nv-l

Dynamic collections from types of Interfaces

1998-10-06 03:47:43
Subject: Dynamic collections from types of Interfaces
From: Simon Long <simon AT NETTRACK.COM DOT AU>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:47:43 +1000
Hi,

I recently requested info with respect to performing data collection/
thresholding on the basis of interface types rather than the normal
criteria that you can group using the collection utility.   The
following
option was offered:-

Create collection as follows:

    isCard=true and isSerialInterface=True

I haven't had any luck in this way.   Has anyone else used this
appproach
to achieve this end?  I presume I'm supposed to just use this collection

as the disgnated source.

I am really keen to devise some way to make this dynamic rather than
requiring the client to maintain a list of hosts and interfaces.

Thanks,

Simon Long
Nettrack Technical Solutions Pty Ltd