nv-l

Re: NetView/AIX to MAXM

1998-10-01 16:09:29
Subject: Re: NetView/AIX to MAXM
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny AT DALLAS DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:09:29 -0700
Ken;

We create a MAXM automation that simply logs into the Netview for AIX box, runs
'tail -f /usr/OV/log/trapd.log', and pushes that information into a ruleset.  We
parse that information into variables, and redisplay it into MAXM's workstation.

We have had no problems whatsoever with this method.  Netmon traps, as well as
agent traps, can be parsed and processed by Maxm.  You can even create a default
ruleset which will display everything else, if you want.

Hope this helps!

Art DeBuigny
debuigny AT dallas DOT net
Bank of America (NationsBank) Network Operations
Network Management Systems Support