nv-l

nvcorrd

1998-09-22 11:37:31
Subject: nvcorrd
From: "Jorge A. Jiles" <Jorge.Jiles AT UALBERTA DOT CA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 09:37:31 -0600
Hello there I'm running netview version 5 on a rs6000 240 dual processor
under AIX 4.2

Here is the problem. It happens twice that rulesets do not get to be
process and the nvevent display does not show any events; the only way to
solve this problem is through stop/restart ovactiond, nvserverd, and
nvcorrd. Reading the manuals it seems as if the problem is with nvcorrd,
but I can not find what is wrong with it; the nvcorrd.log does not show any
thing abnormal; actually the only lines in the log are the initialization
and the level 11/13 of the daemon. Is there any debug level for this daemon
that can show me a bit more information? the rulesets call scripts that
alarm on abnormal behavior of devices; therefore when I have this problem
the computer room operators don't have a clue of what is going on.

        Any ideas in what is going on would be appreciatte.

Thanks.

.
Jorge A. Jiles
Network Analyst