nv-l

Re: Modem attachment Netview

1998-09-08 08:28:19
Subject: Re: Modem attachment Netview
From: Will Mason <wmason AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 07:28:19 -0500
Uh ... theoretically? yes.  Practically? I wouldn't touch that one.
I would set my management station on my lan and monitor it from
a dialed in web client.  NetView 5.1 supports web services on both
UNIX and NT rather well and efficiently.  Let your NetView server
stay on the lan where it can take advantage of the higher speed lines.

Will

EGIBM5ML AT IBMMAIL DOT COM wrote:

> Hello ,
> Can I monitor my Network using Netview by having the network
> management station attached to this Network using a modem ?
> Appreciate Any Help.
>
> Best Regards,
> Nagla.
> E-Mail : nmarzouk AT vnet.ibm DOT com

Will Mason
NetView Product Evangelist

wmason AT tivoli DOT com
http://www.tivoli.com

"While the inferior man seeks to put the blame on
other persons, bewailing his fate, the superior
man seeks the error within himself."

I-Ching