nv-l

Year2000 -- Least Path Of Resistance?

1998-08-19 12:58:05
Subject: Year2000 -- Least Path Of Resistance?
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles AT INTEL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:58:05 -0700
We're moving to NetView On NT V5.1, but we also have some
AIX systems running NetView V4.1.1, which I have to make sure
our Year2000 compliant (as a backup plan to NV on NT).

Which requires the least work:

a)  Moving from NetView V4.1  (last PTFs installed
     U438904 & U440147) to a Year2000 version of V4.1.2+

b)  Moving from current NetView V4.1 new NetView V5.1

Again, this is a backup plan, and my real intent is to use NV NT
(so I'm looking for the least amount of upgrade work).

Thanks in advance.

Gary Boyles, Intel Corporation  gary.p.boyles AT intel DOT com