Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Servers needed

2015-02-27 12:54:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Servers needed
From: Dbowlby <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 07:01:20 -0800
I backup weekly 416tb of data............
My backup window starts daily 4:30 till 4:30 am for incrementals
FULL Backups 4:30 friday till 8:00 sunday, sunday is for slp duplications, and
datadomain cleanup.

My Netbackup Domain is as follows

1 Master Server 500gb Drive that houses the NBDB
7 Media Servers (2 of which are virtual machines)
2 100tb Datadomains slp duplications between these two
2 30tb Dell Dr6000 (houses exchange backups 15tb daily fulls slp duplicated
backups)
2 15tb Dell DR4100 (houses 1 remote backup of 7tb, slp duplication to the other
dr4100)
2 30tb DataDomains (houses secure data backups, and sql backups)

All are 10gb networked.

i backup 700+ Virtual Machines using NetBackup for VMWare, and i use san to
back them up.