Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR site preparation

2014-09-04 07:02:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR site preparation
From: pranav batra <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
To: Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, Dan Veritas <dan.kalusche AT andersencorp DOT com>, Veritas Geek <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, patrick veritas <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>, Donna veritas <donna_davis1 AT symantec DOT com>, Martin veritas <jmarti05 AT intersil DOT com>, Stef Veritas <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>, Scott veritas <scott.kendall AT twcable DOT com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 16:26:52 +0530
Good Day Geeks !

We are in planning phase of creating a new DC and its DR site. The plan is to create a new master server with three media servers at the production site and a standy by master server and 3 media servers at the DR site.

Standy master server will have same host name and NIC's will be in deactivated mode.
We planning to use recoverpoint to replicate the netbackup catalog at remote site.
Now ,i am little confused on how this will act during real disaster.

Production is down = ok
We made the DR up - now what all steps would be required to make it a production master ?
Do we need to do a complete catalog recovery ? I guess No as we already have catalog replicated to DR site and mounted to DR master.
What all steps would i need to perform to make DR up and running as production was

there are two scenarios we looking for

1) what we need to recover if we replicate /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images
2) what we need to recover if we replicate /usr/openv
Would it work if we simply mount the /usr/openv ?

PB

Thanks,
PB