Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] remote ndmp on Netbackup 7.5.0.5

2014-05-13 09:33:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] remote ndmp on Netbackup 7.5.0.5
From: mian71 AT gmail DOT com
To: Steven Gelsie <steven.gelsie AT jhuapl DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 15:32:59 +0200
Hello Steve

Think you need a ndmp login from the media server to the EMC NAS unit like when
doing direct NDMP backups.

If I remember correctly it goes something like
1. Create the ndmp login on the NAS unit
2. Set up the ndmp login credentials in netbackup
3. Set up a ndmp storage unit, this might not apply for a remote ndmp backup
4. Set up ndmp policy with relevant storage unit
5. Run backup

Hope this helps you

Regards
Michael