Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Benefit in using faster interface for master on media server?

2014-04-21 14:35:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Benefit in using faster interface for master on media server?
From: Rusty Major <rusty.major AT sungardas DOT com>
To: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT dsservices DOT com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 13:35:15 -0500
We have had multiple networks in the past for various reasons. When we just had 1Gb networks, we quickly found we needed to separate the intra-NBU communication into its own subnet. To make this all work we had to make a few entries in bp.conf and have aliases in the hosts files/DNS. We are moving, or have moved, to a 10Gb network for all NBU communication and backup traffic. This works great, as long as you don't saturate the 10Gb link for too long. You can make multiple backup networks work, but you have to watch the aliasing in name resolution. I'm sure that's where your problems are coming from.