Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Size mismatch - job details vs bpcatlist

2014-04-02 10:02:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Size mismatch - job details vs bpcatlist
From: Rich Bishop <rjb38 AT drexel DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 10:02:49 -0400
I've been working with the netbackup commandline recently and noticed a
mismatch in the sizes reported by the job details and bpcatlist. In the
job details I see:

backupid=gannet_1396010405
Current Kilobytes written: 2789105760 (which is 2.6TB)
Current files written: 143

On the host du -sh gives 2.7TB and 142 files, which I can believe as
being the same as above (assuming the extra file is the directory).

However, bpcatlist reports 2.0TB in 143 files:

Backupid           Backup Date            Files    Size
gannet_1396010405  Mar 28 08:40:05 2014     143    2.0T

Sched             Policy            Catarcid S C Files
UI_Vista_Archives Vista_Archives           0 1 0

file
Vista_Archives_1396010405_UBAK.f

I didn't find anything with a quick google search. Any ideas what is
going on?

Thanks,

Rich