Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ESL Poor LAN Performance

2013-11-19 13:44:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ESL Poor LAN Performance
From: Simon Weaver <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
To: "'Bluejay Adametz'" <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com>, "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 18:44:43 +0000
The Data is millions upon millions on 2-5kb files.
So from a Network point, it is just about acceptable. It would be a SAN Media
Server or Client if they paid for it!
The estimate I gave, wasn't even close to the overall capacity.
It is a 1GB Network. But the environment is running flat-out 24 x 7 - There is
so much going on.
I can change the Multiplexing.... but it will not help much as the data is
stored in the most unusual structure!

I did want Flash backups, as I tested this before and got much better
improvement (much!)
Simon