Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] recommendations: unbootable master server - have readable backup of server's disk

2013-09-06 17:49:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] recommendations: unbootable master server - have readable backup of server's disk
From: Dan Pritts <danno AT umich DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 17:49:10 -0400
Hi,

I've got a borked master server.

win2008r2, nb7.0

i planned to upgrade, and for safety's sake i used clonezilla (which i've used a thousand times before) to make an image of the server's hard disk.

The image was successful, and I can read the catalog files in the image, but now the server won't boot for some unknown reason.

I have another clonezilla image from february.  nb hasn't been changed since then.  Can I just restore my february image, and then run [rsync for windows, or something] to sync up the catalogs?

I guess the real question is, does netbackup store everything in "c:\program files\veritas" or is there something squirreled away elsewhere?

thanks!
--
Dan Pritts
ICPSR Computing & Network Services