Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.5.0.6 - Consuming All Memory

2013-07-16 16:25:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.5.0.6 - Consuming All Memory
From: bditty <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:57:59 -0700
I am running netbackup 7.5.0.6 and the BPDBM process is consuming all of the
memory on the master backup server.  We were running the .4 release, support
recommended we upgrade, but that did not resolve the issue.  The server is
running W2K8 R2, symptoms arose about 4 weeks back, close to when the last
round of Microsoft critical patches were deployed.  We will attempt to roll
them back.

The server is a VM with 16GB of memory, which should be enough and has worked
well in the past.  CPU is hardly taking a hit.  We reboot the server and
sometimes its fine for a few hours, other times it the memory will climb within
15 minutes. The ESX server this box is running has free memory so the issue is
not because other servers are consuming the memory.

Has anyone run into this issue or similar....  Thank you!