Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Admin Console set up so site can only see / access their policies and backups.

2013-02-28 07:03:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Admin Console set up so site can only see / access their policies and backups.
From: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 07:02:03 -0500

Our environment, HP-UX 11-31 currently running two masters and 3  media servers on NetBackup 6.5.2. (I know it’s old and I’m planning an upgrade..)   We are running mostly unix / Linux backups and a couple windows b/u’s thrown in for good measure.

I’m adding a new windows media server that will backup a few new machines at another site.  We would like an admin at that site to manage all that sites backups and policies that will run through that media server.

Is there a way to set up and filter the Administration Console so that admin only sees the policies and backups that run through the new media server?  I want to eliminate any access to the majority of policies we have from this site.

If anyone can point me to any documentation to accomplish the above or have any suggestions, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks  in advance…..

Wayne BeDour

Unix System Administrator

PH: 248-447-1739

Internet: wbedour AT lear DOT com

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.