Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up a specific client using BPBACKUP

2013-02-26 09:42:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up a specific client using BPBACKUP
From: sruffolo <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 06:42:14 -0800
Folks
I have a policy (UNIX_uwwbvwstg_t2_tws) that has 2 clients associated to it
UWWBVWSTG, and UWWPRD17. I would like to backup just the UWWPRD17 client. The
command I use right now backs up both clients.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup -i -p UNIX_uwwbvwstg_t2_tws -s Incr -S
uwpatlnbmst01 -w

I heard that there is a -c option that allows you to backup just the specific
client, we used the following but it did not work.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup -i -p UNIX_uwwbvwstg_t2_tws -s Incr -c
UWWPRD17 -S uwpatlnbmst01 -w

UWWBVWSTG is the ALIAS for the ACTIVE NODE is a ServiceGuard Cluster, UWWPRD17
is the INACTIVE Node.

 (http://postimage.org/image/4djt88xjn/)

|This was sent by steven.ruffolo AT unisourceworldwide DOT com via Backup
Central.