Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] De-multiplexing

2013-01-31 12:45:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] De-multiplexing
From: Neil Conner <neil AT mbari DOT org>
To: wts AT maine DOT edu
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:45:27 -0800
What you're going to want to do is use NetBackup to duplicate only the backup IMAGES you want to keep.  You can deselect "preserve multiplexing" so that you can run per-client batches and combine all single-client backup images onto distinct tapes.  Make sure you have the maximum number of backup image copies set appropriately before you start.   Then you can expire the original backup images.  If there was only one copy of each backup image, you will be expiring copy1 and copy2 will automatically be promoted to the primary copy (restores are always read from the primary copy).

HTH,
Neil