Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Many AIX clients failing with System time out/ Network error

2012-12-27 17:20:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Many AIX clients failing with System time out/ Network error
From: tsimerson <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 14:20:48 -0800
The three error codes you list all indicate something on the client side
causing the issue.  I will suggest that you download and look through the
Symantec NetBackup Status Code Reference Guide
(http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC5181).
There are some very good notes on what these codes mean and suggestions on how
to resolve them.

For the 13 and 50 errors codes, this is usually indicative of something killing
the client side processes.  For the 41, that's kind of generic but indicates
some sort of client side issue.  All three codes could be because your AIX
servers have extremely high numbers of files (millions) or is extremely busy
and is taking longer to respond to the file list requests than the default time
out parameters.  Take a look through the bpbkar log files to get more
information about what might be generating the errors.