Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tuning Settings on NetBackup Client (Windows)

2012-11-28 08:13:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tuning Settings on NetBackup Client (Windows)
From: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "'Simon Weaver'" <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 08:12:19 -0500

Hi Simon,

I think they control everything (top->down) as I recall testing this in the past once the master was changed; it altered the buffers on all of the media servers.

Likewise, if you have a DSU on your master, you could also benefit from the following:

SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS_DISK

I recommend the following (gathered mostly from white papers/etc. for top performance for LTO-3/4/5 drives)

NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS: 32

NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS_RESTORE: 32

SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS: 262144

SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS_DISK: 262144

Having said that, I also have the exact same touch files (UNIX) on the media servers.

Justin.