Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tuning Settings on NetBackup Client (Windows)

2012-11-28 08:08:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tuning Settings on NetBackup Client (Windows)
From: "Simon Weaver" <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:07:45 -0000
All,
Following on from the documentation below, can I just ask, that if I want to improve performance on a Windows 2003 client, where the backup is done on the LAN, if I follow this document, am I right in thinking, these settings should be put in place on the MASTER Server as well?

I ask, because the document talks about a Media Server, which a Master Server could well be, and in this environment, I have one master that does ALL the backups.

Reason I am looking at this, is to try and improve backup performance for the LAN, but it is a Windows client.
Thanks, Simon