Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Preview error when attempting a restore

2012-10-24 15:47:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Preview error when attempting a restore
From: William David Phillips <dphillip AT parc DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:47:02 -0700
Interesting that this is listed as solved:

Media Required

Null for fileData arg. The exception was thrown from (SR-1)writeFile
(vrts.common.server.ServerRequest).

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/preview-error-when-attempting-restore

"Preview button to show the tapes required for the restore from 7.5
Backup Archive and Restore Java console fails
  http://symantec.com/docs/TECH184470

...and this fix should be included in the NetBackup 7.5.0.4 maintenance
release."

I had this error in 7.1.0.3 and I just had it again in 7.5.0.4 (master
is Redhat 6.3 latest patches but I had the error with Solaris master on
7.1.0.3) so it isn't solved.  Also, the TECH link does not work.

Note that you can still do the restore but the preview button fails with
error.   It doesn't not happen much - I think we've seen it twice now as
mentioned above once each on different versions...