Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Documentation for Cluster Backups?

2012-07-27 13:45:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Documentation for Cluster Backups?
From: David McMullin <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 13:45:12 -0400
Not sure about documentation, but we do this for our Oracle RMAN backups on 7.1
as well as on 7.5 now.
Any user directed backup should work.

Main policy calls script using client name of the cluster
Script uses uname to determine which cluster member active, uses policy value
that matches policy with member name.

Policy - client clustername, storage unit generic LAN storage
Policy1 - client clustermember1, storage unit on member1
Policy2 - client clustermember2, storage unit on member2

This way the storage is loaded when the sub policy is called and the backup
runs on the correct client to the correct storage. Works very well.