Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.1 Migration

2012-07-12 02:27:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.1 Migration
From: srikanth09 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:27:43 -0700
Here's the plan, please correct me if wrong:

1. Install NBU  on new server and configure all the policies,devices from
scratch.
2. take catalog backup on old master server and stop NBU services.
3. Use recover without import option and import all data tapes from old master
to new master.
4. The NBU services are not running on old master server, but since that is a
production server we need to backup the data on it. So configure old master as
client in new master.

Versions:
Old master server: NBU 7.1 Standard
New master server: NBU 7.5 Enterprise

Please advice, will there be any compatibility issues?

Thanks & Regards
Sri