Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.1 Migration

2012-07-10 08:47:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.1 Migration
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Kalusche, Dan" <Dan.Kalusche AT AndersenCorp DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:47:19 -0400
We used a variation on this here. We stood up a new master, then waited
1 year for 99% of our images to expire. Then we imported the old media
(SLT) on the new master and duplicated them to new media (LTO). Just
keep in mind that when you do this, you need to make sure the retentions
match on the old and new masters. If retention 10 on your old master is
infinity and retention 10 on the new master is 1 year, the images will
only be kept for 1 year on import.

Good luck!

-Jonathan