Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Job is waiting on a busy drive, when there is another drive.

2012-07-06 19:37:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Job is waiting on a busy drive, when there is another drive.
From: kanas <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 11:30:36 -0700
Hi,

I am new to backups and netbackup. I learnt most of the stuff reading manuals
and working with the netbackup front end in few days. I have a robotic library
with 2 drives. Full backups are done on weekends and incremental backups are
done on weekdays. There are 7 classes defined one for each server. The full
backups on 6 classes complete quickly. But there one class which takes until
Tuesday morning to complete. When the incremental jobs kick in evening of
Monday 5 jobs complete and they use the other drive. But the 6th job gets
queued and is waiting for the busy drive to be free. I checked the jobs and all
the incremental jobs attributes are the same. I am at a loss why the 6th job is
not using the free drive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SK