Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU coexistance with another backup software on same machine

2012-07-03 10:01:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU coexistance with another backup software on same machine
From: Rusty Major <rusty.major AT sungard DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:01:02 -0500
I would have to ask what is the requirement for other backup software on
at the same time, and what software is it?

You could partition libraries to enable them to utilize different pieces
of software, but usually these are the enterprise class libraries and are
expensive. While partitioning will allow you to share the robot(s), you
still need dedicated slots, drives and media.

Thank you,
Rusty