Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Hardware & OS upgrade blues

2012-05-30 16:38:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Hardware & OS upgrade blues
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 20:38:27 +0000

Any reason why you chose RHEL5 instead of RHEL6?   The latter has been out for more than a year and works as a master (we use it here).   Although RHEL announced they’d continue support for RHEL5 for 10 years it is still rather old so unless you have a need for RHEL5 for other reasons I’d suggest RHEL6.

Also you know catalog migration only works if you use the same name on new server that the old server had?