Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] CPU/RAM minium requirements for 10 Gbit on Windows 2008 R2 ?

2012-05-16 08:21:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] CPU/RAM minium requirements for 10 Gbit on Windows 2008 R2 ?
From: Michael Graff Andersen <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 14:19:16 +0200
Hello

We are in the process of designing a new backup system and would like
to hear what other people experiences was regarding minium CPU/RAM
requirements for 10 Gbit on Windows 2008 R2 ? Is aware the servers
also need a IO system that can handle the traffic

Have been looking in the planing tuning manuals from Symantec and
tried to ask our HP which are our server supplier and of cause
searched on the web

Regards
Michael