Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Setting up Windows Media Server

2012-04-26 14:10:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Setting up Windows Media Server
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:10:37 +0000
I had already done the masking in the library.   As noted earlier SANSurfer is
seeing the drives under the controllers.   The library also shows the host HBAs
as "online" where I mapped them.

Multiple people mentioned the drivers no longer being provided by NetBackup to
me but on going to Quantum's site it suggests that the driver is supplied by
Symantec for both BackupExec and NetBackup.  It also unfortunately makes you
contact support for i6000 driver updates so I've opened a case with Quantum for
that.

In Windows Device Manager I see LTO3 twice which is odd to me as there is only
1 LTO3 in one partition that I would typically see as "standalone" on my other
servers.  There is another LTO3 in the other partition but also 10 LTO5s - I'd
expect it not show me the 2nd LTO3 if it isn't also showing me the LTO5s for
the other partition so I'm not sure if this is a duplicate entry for the 1
drive or not.

Driver Details for both LTO3s shown in Windows Device Manager is:
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERs\ltotape.sys  MS version 6.1.7600.16385
(win7_rtm.090713-1255)

So for those of use using libraries does the Windows Device Manager show all
the attached drives as "tape drives" in the listing for just "tape drivers"?
Do you see anything under the storage controllers other than the HBAs? (All I'm
seeing are the HBAs.)

The drives are made by HP - one person suggested I needed HP drivers.  Is this
something I'd need to get from HP even though in a Quantum library?