Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Adding tape library to backup domain(s)

2012-04-25 13:35:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Adding tape library to backup domain(s)
From: kevin.sheen AT msanet DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:33:13 -0400
Hi,

We currently have 2 Netbackup domains each with a master and media server and each with a pair of Symantec 5020 appliances.  We have the 5020's configured as disk pools in each domain and we have a storage lifecycle policy that duplicates the images between both domains.

We are fairly new with Netbackup, moving from a number of different backup solutions.  We are thinking about adding a small tape library (LTO-5 drives with 30 or so tape carts).  We would like to keep most of our daily / weekly images on the 5020's but we are going to need to copy our monthly images to tape.

My question is, given the above configuration, can we add a single tape library to one of the backup domains and can we configure the overall solution so that we can get our monthly backup images from either domain not only on the 5020's but also write them to tape?

Thanks, Kevin