Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Clean Device Config Setup - Continuous 84

2012-04-23 07:07:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Clean Device Config Setup - Continuous 84
From: nbuser <nbuser AT live DOT com>
To: Simon Weaver <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 04:06:55 -0700
any changes made in environment. you can be facing ghost drive problem in windows. you can try below steps

run a Netbackup Windows environment and get the “missing path” a lot. It’s usually caused by ghost devices and here’s how to fix it.
Delete the “missing path” devices from the Device -> Drives portion of the NBU GUI.
Then go to the media server the drives are connected to and open up a CMD.EXE prompt.
Type in “set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1″ (notice underscores) then type “start devmgmt.msc”.
The device management snapin should appear. Under the View menu, select “show hidden devices”.
Drill down to your tapes drives. If you see any tape drive devices that are grayed out, delete them.
While you’re there, verify that all the tape drives have Symantec drivers and not the built in Windows driver.
Reboot the media server.
When it comes back up use the same procedure to verify that the correct number of devices are showing in device manager and that there are no ghost devices.
Then go to your NBU GUI and run the device discovery wizard for that media server. The correct tape devices should now show up in the GUI and without the “missing path”.