Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Advice & Help - Linux Server 14TB

2012-04-11 09:16:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Advice & Help - Linux Server 14TB
From: "Simon Weaver" <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:16:22 +0100
All
I am hoping you can help....

Im not too familiar with Linux, but we have a RedHat Box, that is a VM Guest on an ESX Host, that has RDM's totalling 14TB

The backups are done over the LAN - Painfully slow as you can imagine.

Im wondering what options I have in terms of trying to improve performance for this client. So far its taking close to 3 days to run.
It is on a 1GB Network, as I understand. But does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Si