Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Licenses to backup exchange 2007

2012-04-05 13:13:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Licenses to backup exchange 2007
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: "'Preston, Douglas'" <dlpreston AT lereta DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 20:12:46 +0300

If you will back them up threw network, and  the systems are not virtual, you need 4 clients and 2 database agents. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you want to backup the databases directly to tapes, you need 2 enterprise clients, 2 clients, 2 database agents, SSO per drive (If you do not have already). The two clients will go to an existing media server.

If your systems are virtual it depends how you back them up.

The debate of what licenses you need is very old and the answer is changing like the wind. Especially with active/passive clusters.